Friday, June 1, 2012

Starting out!

I think the first post is the hardest!  Not sure where this will take me, but I'm excited to be on the journey.  I guess the most appropriate place to start is to thank all those people who have encouraged me along the way.  A huge thank you to my husband and boys, who have put up with my relentless questions.  How do I do this?  Does this look ok?  Would you buy this? (I don't know why I asked them that question, but I did!) I am the first to admit  that I am a bit "Technologically challenged", but they were  sooooo  patient!
Also, thanks all my loyal customers and friends, who always have such encouraging comments.
My last thanks goes to a person who I have never actually met, Jeanne Oliver.  I stumbled upon this talented women's site Jeanne Oliver Designs, and was immediately drawn to her style, enthusiasm, and her "down to earth approach."  I immediately signed up for her "Creatively Made" e-course and then recently took her business e-course "Building a creative business".  It was through that experience that  I learned  so many other artists shared my questions, fears, and apprehensions. I now have a forum of friends & artists that openly share ideas and support each other.  If any of you are interested into jumping into this crazy, creative world, I highly recommend her class, you will walk away with a wealth of information and a bunch of creative friends!
Speaking of "creative friends," stay tuned (That sounds dorky!) Several artists from the e-course have come together for an "art swap."  One brave artist organized it Stacey Curry, and basically we were all given a name of a fellow artist to send one of our designs to.  I quickly jumped at that idea, the thought of getting an "surprise" gift in the mail is sooooo exciting!  I received my  gift yesterday, and I love it.  In a week or so, we are all supposed to share photos of our gift on our blogs.  So look forward to that!  I am also going to include the complete list of all the artists who participated so you can check out their beautiful items!
Brenda

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging. The first post is always the hardest. Looking forward to the next.

    ReplyDelete

Please share a comment....